Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The "Flushing"

Well, it's not a very timely posting but about 3 weeks ago we had our first "flushing" incident. Earlier in the year I believe we had an incident where some boy (not to mention any names) dropped his shoes in the toilet and got them wet. And we had an incident where some boy (again no names) was learning how to go while standing up and fell head-first into the toilet and got wet and pride hurt. BUT......we finally had our first incident that almost required a plumber.

One morning, I sent some boy (no names needed by now!) to the bathroom to go and then to come back into their bedroom to put his clothes on for the day. Mind you this is 7am in the morning and we need to leave by 7:10 so that I can attempt to get to work on time. I was assisting E in getting her pajamas off when I heard "mommy, mommy help, my underwear is stuck, my underwear is stuck". I then promptly heard the toilet get flushed 3 or 4 times.

I went dashing in there to see the pair of Incredibles underwear stuck going down the toilet. Just a little corner was sticking out of the bottom and I was able to get a pair of needle-nose pliers and snatch them out of the toilet before they were permanently lodged out of reach. Thank goodness, no plumber needed but I was late to work!

No comments: