Thursday, January 3, 2008

Death of a Christmas Tree

On New Years Day, our artificial Christmas tree came to a tragic end for the season. That morning, I was in the kids room changing a very stinky diaper for E and R was off playing. Suddenly I heard a crash and a cry from R. I peeked around the doorframe to see R trapped in a corner with the Christmas tree lying on it's side on the floor! Since he wasn't trapped under the tree, just behind it, I finished changing E and then tortured R a bit longer while I ran and got the camera to take a few pictures of the dirty deed. There was no avoiding this crime - he was caught red-handed!!!! After I took my pictures, I managed to lean the tree back up against the wall until this coming weekend when I will take down all of the Christmas décor. The tree is pretty misshapen and all the ornaments are all jumbled up but I think it will survive to be put back up for next Christmas! Thankfully, we were smart and only put kid-friendly ornaments on this year so nobody got hurt and nothing was broken! Daddy couldn't believe it when he saw the pictures of the event…


No comments: