Thursday, October 25, 2007

E's Busy Day

Today was a very interesting day for E. First she demonstrated all morning while we were getting ready that she has moved from grunting or pointing or whining to get attention to what she wants to going "mommy, mommy, mommy, MOMMY". I guess I've been telling them all along that if they want something to ask mommy so I guess she's taking me up on that! It can get pretty funny.

Then on the way to Grandma L's for the day (we do Thursdays there vs day care) she decided to join R & me in singing Wheels on the Bus. Not only does she know all the words and can pronounce almost all of them, but she knows the little actions I taught them to go with it. I was quite impressed to say the least!

Lastly (even though all of this happened before 8am) when we got to Grandma L's, she took a tragic tumble all the way down the stairs into the dark basement. Grandma L & I didn't even hear her go to the stairs (which usually has the door closed to avoid this issue) until we heard the thuds and scream. Thank God she wasn't hurt at all, just shaken up and all 3 of us were scared. We think she was chasing the cat and when he went downstairs, so did she. R was nervous too as he was the quietest I've seen & heard him be for 10 minutes straight! She went right to eating breakfast and then playing like crazy all day. So she's fine! But a bit clingy tonight which I can't blame her.

Poor R, all that happened to him today was a nip by Jake the cat for grabbing his tail too hard. Well, maybe that's good that nothing else happened!

No comments: